This is a pretty quick & easy recipe that you can whip together when you’re feeling the hankering for some pasta, but need to sneaks your veggies in 🙂
What you need:
- Large deep-ish frypan
- Oven proof baking dish
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 500g Farfalle pasta, but you can use any type you have in your cupboard
- 1/2 bunch of sage, chopped
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan, or if you’re like me, a bucket
1. Preheat oven to 175°C
2. Chop up sage and pumpkin into small cubes.
3. Put the pumpkin in an oven proof dish & top olive oil & half of the chopped sage. Mix it through & then put in the oven.
4. Chop the garlic and onion finely.
5. Heat some oil in a large frypan, pop the sage in. Cook until the sage is crispy and slightly dark. Take the sage out and set aside. Do not discard the oil.
6. Cook the onions and garlic in the same frypan until softened.
7. Meanwhile cook the pasta. Add the pine nuts to the fry pan a few minutes before the pasta is ready, so they can toast slightly.
8. When pasta is al dente, drain.
9. Add the pasta to the frypan with the crispy sage, roasted pumpkin mixture & half the parmesan. Stir through for a few minutes.
10. Serve and top with the rest of the parmesan 🙂
The Macadame. xx