This rosemary hot chocolate is a twist on a winter favourite! Velvety, rich and creamy chocolate kissed with a subtle rosemary flavour and topped with coconut cream. The perfect way to warm up this winter!
I am absolutely obsessed with cooking with rosemary. I love it so much. From this pear and rosemary almond tart to my take on Brooke’s sweet potato and pecan tart (which I infused with rosemary) – I can’t get enough.
Today I wanted to add my favourite ingredient to one of my favourite winter treats – hot chocolate. Now that the weather is cooling, I look forward to curling up with a good book, a warm blanket and an incredible hot chocolate.
If you don’t like rosemary, feel free to leave it out as the base recipe is my favourite yet. I love the creamy addition coconut cream has to the flavour and texture.
What’s your favourite infused hot chocolate? I tried earl grey last winter, I am thinking of a spiced nutmeg and vanilla bean next?
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
What you need:
Ingredients (makes 2):
- 2 cups milk (almond, soy or oat would work well)
- Rosemary sprig
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (NOT milk)
- 2-3 tablespoons raw cacao
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste)
- 25g sugar free dark chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
1. Bring the milk to the boil in the saucepan. Add the rosemary and turn to a low simmer. Allow the rosemary to steep for 5-8 minutes. Remove the rosemary.
2. Add the coconut cream, raw cacao and maple syrup. Mix until well combined. Stir through the chocolate until fully melted. Add the salt and vanilla extract and take off the heat.
3. Serve with a dollop of coconut cream + dust with extra cacao.
Like this recipe? Yum it on Yummly.
For another winter beverage recipe, try my earl grey hot chocolate.
Anisa – The Macadames. xx