This chilli hot chocolate is creamy, rich, velvety and has a subtle spicy kick that you’re going to love. You won’t believe its completely vegan and refined sugar free.
Okay guys, I’ve got a problem. A big one. I’m completely obsessed with hot chocolate. I can’t help myself, I drink one almost every night. It’s all I feel like sipping while binge watching Orphan Black (another thing I am obsessed with!). I actually made and shot this recipe purely for styling practice but loved the photos so much that I couldn’t not share them. I know I have a long way to go but I am proud of how far I’ve come in 2 years of shooting. What do you think?
Today’s recipe uses the base I created for my rosemary hot chocolate, it was just so perfectly thick, rich and velvety that I didn’t want to change a thing, except infuse it with chilli (my absolutely favourite flavour!). I also wanted to use these gorgeous tea cups I bought in Daylesford, aren’t they absolutely divine?
And now to my winter reading list. I love nothing more than a lazy day reading in the winter sun, snuggled under lots of blankets. Here’s a peek into my bookshelf. I love to read lots of different genres, from romantic novels to crime thrillers, hopefully there’s something here to suit all tastes.
The Pillars Of The Earth – Top historical fiction pick!
The Husband’s Secret – Top easy reading pick!
The Atlantis Series – Top sci fi pick!
Girl On The Train – Top crime thriller pick!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and please tell me if you’ve read any of these books and what you favourites are at the moment?
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
What you need:
Ingredients (makes 2):
- 2 cups milk (almond, soy or oat would work well)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (NOT milk)
- 2-3 tablespoons raw cacao
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste)
- 25g sugar free dark chilli chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Optional: for an extra kick, add a teeny tiny pinch of red pepper powder
1. Bring the milk to the boil in the saucepan.
2. Add the coconut cream, raw cacao and maple syrup. Mix until well combined. Stir through the chocolate until fully melted. Add the vanilla extract, salt and pepper powder (if adding) and take off the heat.
3. Serve with a dollop of coconut cream + dust with extra cacao.
Like this recipe? Yum it on Yummly.
For another similar recipes, try my rosemary hot chocolate.
Anisa – The Macadames. xx