Tart and refreshing pomegranate and lime granita spiked with a dash of tequila. A perfect treat for balmy nights.
Recipe for Pomegranate, Lime & Tequila Granita by Anisa Sabet for The Macadames.
Granita is my absolute new favourite thing to photograph. Would you look at how pretty it is? No really, I’m in love with it. The flavour options are also endless, I think next time I am going to do rosemary and lavender, then I have an idea for a pink lemonade, a sage and raspberry and a maybe even a blueberry one. I can’t wait to make them all summer!
Granita is actually so, so easy to make. My first batch, I tried raking it every 30 minutes for 3 hours but found this not only annoying, but not as effective as just leaving it to freeze for 4-5 hours then just raking it once before covering and freezing or eating.
Have you made granita before? What’s your favourite flavour?
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
Recipe adapted from here.
What you need:
- Large mixing bowl
- Shallow baking tray or dish
Ingredients (makes approx 1L):
- 3 cups pomegranate juice
- 3/4 cup simple syrup (3/4 cup hot water mixed with 3/4 cup of sugar)
- Juice from 2 limes
- 60-120ml tequila (depending on taste)
1. In the large mixing bowl, mix together all the ingredients, then pour into a shallow dish and pop into the freezer.
2. Allow to chill for 4-5 hours, then using a fork, roughly scrape the surface of the granita until it’s crystalised. Pop into the freezer to set for another 4-5 hours or overnight. Best served within a week.
Storage: will keep in the freezer for up to a week.
Like this recipe? Yum it on Yummly.
For another similar recipes, try my buttermilk, black pepper and roasted strawberry ice cream.
Or my black truffle ice cream.
Anisa – The Macadames. xx