Kale, pomegranate, roasted almonds, parmesan and dried cranberries drizzled with an apple cider, citrus and cinnamon dressing! A beautiful celebration of Summer flavours.
Recipe for Kale, Pomegranate and Roasted Almond Salad by Anisa Sabet for The Macadames.
Today’s recipe is an adaptation from one of my favourites from the Oh She Glows cookbook. It’s a really lovely combination of flavours that perfectly compliment each other. The kale makes a great earthy base for the salad, the pomegranate arils, apple, dried cranberries and grapes add a lovely sweetness, the parmigiano a salty addition and the roasted a almonds a perfect crunch.
Feel free to mix up your add ins based on what’s in your fridge or in season, but be sure to make the dressing properly, it’s an absolute winner!
Hope you enjoy the recipe, and i’d love to know what you think.
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
Recipe adapted from the Oh She Glows Cookbook.
What you need:
- Sauce jug
- Large salad bowl
Ingredients (serves 4):
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- Sea salt
For the salad:
- 1 bunch kale, leaves torn
- 1 apple, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- Handful grapes, halved
- Handful roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 50g parmigiano, shaved
1. To make the dressing: toss together the dressing ingredients in a jug and set aside.
2. To make the salad: toss together the kale, apple, dried cranberries and pomegranate arils. Top with the grapes, roasted almonds and shave over some parmigiano. Drizzle over the dressing just before eating.
Like this recipe? Yum it on Yummly.
For another similar recipe, try my buckwheat and smoked trout salad.
Or my Summer roast capsicum, tomato, olive & feta salad.
Anisa – The Macadames. xx