Fresh raspberries, white chocolate and toasted almonds piled on sweet chocolate cream make this a delightful pavlova combination you’re going to love!
Recipe for Raspberry, White Chocolate and Chocolate Cream Mini Pavlovas by Anisa Sabet for The Macadames.
So last week I went a bit nuts (I had over FOUR hours sleep in one straight run, so I was on a bit of a high) and I decided I wanted to do a post for Australia day with a few mini pavlova combos. They all turned out so pretty, I decided to style them all differently and will subsequently be doing four (I know, crazy!!) seperate posts on them to share the photos and also because, well, pav is kinda the best.
The first pav of the series is a beautiful and simple chocolate cream topped with fresh raspberries, white chocolate and roasted almonds.
To make the chocolate cream, I used chocolate sauce but you could also use melted chocolate or cocoa powder.
I used store bought meringues for all of these posts but have included directions for making your own too. It’s suuuuper easy but sometimes you just dont have time and store bought does the job just fine 🙂 Hope you enjoy my pav-stravaganza!
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
Recipe adapted from here.
What you need:
- Stand mixer
- 1-2 baking tray (if making nests)
Ingredients (makes 12):
For the meringue nests (if making your nests):
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
For the cream:
- 200ml thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate sauce or cocoa powder
For the toppings:
- Fresh raspberries
- White chocolate, shaved
- Toasted almonds, roughly chopped
1. To make the meringue nests: Preheat oven to 120°C. Line 1-2 baking trays with baking paper. Use an a stand mixer or electric beater to beat the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. It’s important the bowl is absolutely clean as otherwise any residue could damage the meringue and really ruin your day. Slowly, add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking constantly until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is thick and glossy.
2. Using a spoon, scoop out the mixture onto the baking tray and use the back of the spoon to make a little hollow in the middle of each meringue. Place in oven and reduce temperature to 100°C. Bake, swapping the trays halfway through cooking, for 1 hour 40 minutes then turn the oven off. Leave meringues in oven, with door ajar, for 2 hours to cool completely.
3. To make the cream: In your stand mixer, beat the cream, sugar and chocolate sauce/cocoa powder until the cream has thickened. Set aside.
4. To assemble the pavlovas: Divide the cream among your cooled pavlova nests. Top with fresh raspberries, shave over some white chocolate and sprinkle over some toasted almonds. Eat immediately.
Like this recipe? Yum it on Yummly.
For the rest of my recipes in the pav-stravaganza, try my black forest and espresso cream mini pavlovas (11 Feb).
Or my blueberry, salted caramel and vanilla bean cream mini pavlovas (18 Feb).
Or my strawberry and mint cream mini pavlovas (25 Feb).
Anisa – The Macadames. xx