THE only way to wake up every morning. A decadent milkshake made from homemade coffee caramel, ice cream and iced cold milk!
Recipe for Coffee Caramel Mylkshake by Anisa Sabet for The Macadames.
Today’s recipe is one of my hands down new favourite things. I made coffee caramel for some mocha brownies I am testing a while back and this caramel was so, so good I kept eating it by the spoonful. And I decided to use some of the leftover caramel to make a milkshake so I could use the vintage milkshake cups that have been sitting on my prop shelves for about a year now. Don’t you love them? I have two but really couldn’t justify drinking TWO of these monstrous milkshakes (see sometimes I do show restraint).
I hope you enjoy this recipe and i’d love to know what you think.
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
What you need:
- Small saucepan
- Milkshake cups
For the coffee caramel (makes approx 3/4 cup):
- 50g (1/4 cup) white sugar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) thickened cream
- 30g butter
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
For the milkshakes (makes 1):
- 3 spoons of coffee caramel (or to taste)
- 300ml milk
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
2. To make the coffee butterscotch: sprinkle sugar over the bottom of a large pot a medium heat, swirl and shake the pot but do not stir. Once its melted, pour in half the cream, thoroughly stirring, once it’s foaming, add the rest of the cream, butter, salt and coffee. Leave to cook for a few minutes until thickened, then take off the heat and set aside to cool fully.
2. To make the milkshakes: blend ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into your glasses and serve with another scoop of vanilla ice cream and a dusting of chocolate powder.
Like this recipe? Yum it on Yummly.
For another similar recipes, try my spiced ice cream affogatto.
Anisa – The Macadames. xx