Simple mini pavlovas topped with sweet cream, fresh strawberries, mint and lemon zest!
Recipe for Strawberry and Mint Cream Mini Pavlovas by Anisa Sabet for The Macadames.
I’m sad to say this is the last recipe of the pav-stravaganza :(. It’s been a wonderful four weeks posting a pavlova recipe every Saturday, (hopefully) giving you some inspo for the weekend. Have you enjoyed it?
I might add though, since writing all these posts i’ve been working on a full sized pav recipe for you, a Persian inspired one with rosewater cream, pistachios and rose petals. I can’t wait to shoot and share it.
Today’s recipe is really simple but a totally refreshing combination of flavours. I love mixing the strawberries and mint through the cream to infuse it and then piling more on top too. The lemon zest adds a lovely tang that finishes the flavours off perfectly. I shot these using the beautiful Ori rectangular plates by Bison. I love the beautiful pastel colours which just look so pretty with the pavlovas. I have absolutely loved doing work for Bison, and it’s even more special because the company is local, still run and operated by the founder and designer, Brian Tunks.
I used store bought meringues for all of these posts but have included directions for making your own too. It’s suuuuper easy but sometimes you just dont have time and store bought does the job just fine 🙂 Hope you enjoy my pav-stravaganza!
Now let me put it to you, what’s your favourite pav combo? I’d love to hear them!
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
What you need:
- Stand mixer
- 1-2 baking tray (if making nests)
Ingredients (makes 12):
For the meringue nests (if making your nests):
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
For the cream:
- 200ml thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped then lightly mashed with a fork
- 10 mint leaves, finely sliced
For the toppings:
- Fresh strawberries, halved
- Mint, finely sliced
- Lemon zest
1. To make the meringue nests: Preheat oven to 120°C. Line 1-2 baking trays with baking paper. Use an a stand mixer or electric beater to beat the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. It’s important the bowl is absolutely clean as otherwise any residue could damage the meringue and really ruin your day. Slowly, add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking constantly until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is thick and glossy.
2. Using a spoon, scoop out the mixture onto the baking tray and use the back of the spoon to make a little hollow in the middle of each meringue. Place in oven and reduce temperature to 100°C. Bake, swapping the trays halfway through cooking, for 1 hour 40 minutes then turn the oven off. Leave meringues in oven, with door ajar, for 2 hours to cool completely.
3. To make the cream: In your stand mixer, beat the cream and sugar until the cream has thickened. Stir through the strawberries and mint. Set aside.
4. To assemble the pavlovas: Divide the cream among your cooled pavlova nests. Top with fresh strawberries, sprinkle over the mint and grate over some lemon zest. Eat immediately.
Like this recipe? Yum it on Yummly.
For the rest of my recipes in the pav-stravaganza, try my raspberry, white chocolate and chocolate cream mini pavlovas.
Anisa – The Macadames. xx