Moist and delicious lemon & rosemary bundt cakes drizzled with a zesty mascarpone icing.
Recipe for Lemon & Rosemary Bundt Cakes With Mascarpone Drizzle by Anisa Sabet for The Macadames.
Today’s recipe is for super easy mini lemon & rosemary bundt cakes with a zesty mascarpone drizzle. I was in two minds about remaking these to reshoot as the bundt cakes went a bit too brown and the drizzle was a slight bit too runny, but in the end I just went with it and am posting it as is. I hope you don’t mind! Sometimes I am happy to remake things a million times to get the photos perfect, and other times, near enough is good enough for me. And the flavour itself was absolutely what I wanted; a moist, earthy and subtly sweet cake with a sweet and zesty drizzle. They’re the perfect companion for a hot cup of tea.
Ive since made another batch and have adjusted the oven temperature down slightly to ensure they don’t go too brown and the result was lovely so I think you are really going to like these! If you don’t like rosemary, please feel free to substitute for any other herb, I think thyme would work well.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and I’d love to know what you think. Also – what are your thoughts on this beautiful Fowler vintage mixing bowl? I ordered it on Etsy and am in love with it.
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
Recipe adapted from here.
What you need:
- 4 x Mini bundt cake tins (6 holes in each)
- Large mixing bowl
- Stand mixer
Ingredients (makes 24):
For the bundt cakes:
- 315g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 165g unsalted butter, softened
- 375g white sugar
- Zest from 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) buttermilk
For the mascarpone drizzle:
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon mascarpone
- 3 teaspoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease your bundt cake tins with butter, sprinkle with sugar and pop into the fridge to harden.
2. In the large bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In the stand mixer, mix the butter, sugar, lemon zest and chopped rosemary. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until smooth. On a low speed, add the dry ingredients, lemon juice and buttermilk. Mix until just combined. Pour the mixture into your bundt cake tins (do not fill more than 3/4 of each hole) and pop into the oven to bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
3. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before pulling out and letting the cakes cool on a wire rack.
4. To make the icing: toss together the icing ingredients in the jug. When the bundt cakes have cooled, drizzle over generously and garnish with fresh rosemary and lemon zest.
Storage: bundt cakes will keep in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Like this recipe? Yum it on Yummly.
For another similar recipe, try my chocolate, pecan & cranberry tart.
Or my lime, ginger & ricotta tart.
Anisa – The Macadames. xx