A simple recipe for an indulgent granola recipe you’re going to love! Nutella, cranberry and dark choc chips! What could be better?
Recipe for Nutella, Cranberry and Dark Choc Chip Granola by Anisa Sabet for The Macadames.
Today’s recipe is a simple but indulgent granola recipe that you’re going to fall in love with. The combination of nutella, cranberries and dark chocolate chips is superb. And nutella. That’s really enough isn’t it?
I made this to give as gifts to our Hidden Feast guests at our recent Midsummer event. They absolutely loved having this little take home and some guests even started munching it on the bus.
Granola is super simple to make, you really only need to remember two things, don’t let it burn and let it cool before jarring to help it cluster. That’s pretty much it! Oh, and the more throw-in’s the better! Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and i’d love to know what you think.
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- Pinch sea salt
- 3/4 cup nutella
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix the rolled oats, flour and sea salt well.
3. In a heat proof bowl, melt the nutella and coconut oil. When melted, add with the maple syrup to the oat mixture. Using your hands or a spoon, mix the oats well so they are evenly coated
4. Spread your mixture onto a pre-prepared baking tray evenly. Bake for 20 minutes. Stir, bake for another 15 minutes. Everything should be nice and browned but NOT burned – so keep eye balling it.
5. Allow your mixture to cool BEFORE stirring (this helps the granola to cluster up a bit). Once cooled, stir through the dark chocolate chips and cranberries.
6. To serve: scoop a generous bowl-full of granola and add your desired amount of your chosen milk.
Storage: in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Like this recipe? Yum it on Yummly.
For another similar recipe, try my healthy granola bars.
Or my maple pecan granola (whoah this photo is OLD!).
Anisa – The Macadames. xx