A lovely Autumn crumble that combines the sweetness of apples, tartness of berries and the crunch of a coconut crumble!
Recipe for Apple & Berry Coconut Crumble by Anisa Sabet for The Macadames.
Today’s recipe is a lovely combination of sweet apples, tart berries and crunchy coconut crumble which works perfectly. It’s a super easy dessert to throw together for a last minute dinner party or afternoon snack (like I did!).
I hope you enjoy this recipe and i’d love to know what you think.
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
Ingredients (makes 2):
For the filling:
- 2 granny smith apples, cored, peeled & thinly sliced
- 250g frozen or fresh berries
- Splash lemon juice
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the coconut crumble:
- 60g butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- Pinch sea salt
- Double cream or ice cream, icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Mix the filling ingredients in a large bowl & pour into your ramekins, there will seem like too much but really pack it in as it will reduce once cooked. Pop into the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, mix the crumble ingredients in a bowl until combined and crumbly. Pull out the ramekins, top with crumble and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden.
3. Serve with double cream or ice cream and a dusting of icing sugar.
Storage: crumbles will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
Like this recipe? Yum it on Yummly.
For another similar recipe, try my Milk Tea Bundt Cake.
Or my Plum Upside Down Cake.
Anisa – The Macadames. xx