Toasted French baguette slices lathered in home made anchovy and sun-dried tomato pesto and topped with fresh buffalo mozzarella, fresh basil and chilli flakes!
Recipe for Anchovy, Buffalo Mozzarella Sun Dried Tomato Bruschetta by Anisa Sabet for The Macadames.
Bruschetta is the best appetiser to serve friends for a fuss-free dinner party because it’s super simple to make and you can be really creative with your toppings.
Today’s post features the second of three Italian inspired appetisers (check out these Polpette in Sugo!) brought to you by Mutti, a tomato product producer which you can read about in my last post.
To make these bruschetta, I made a pesto from anchovies, sun-dried tomatoes, Mutti Double Concentrate Tomato Paste, Mutti Passata (Tomato puree) and chilli flakes. It doesn’t need added salt as the anchovies are quite salty. For the base of the bruschetta, I used toasted baguette slices and to finish, creamy buffalo mozzarella which goes perfectly with the salty pesto. You can make the pesto ahead and simply throw together when guests arrive. Easy as that!
I hope you enjoy these recipes and i’d love to know what you think.
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
Ingredients (makes 8 bruschetta):
For the anchovy & sun dried tomato paste:
- 1 tablespoons Mutti Double Tomato Paste
- 2 tablespoons Mutti Passata (Tomato puree)
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 10 sundried tomatoes & a dash of olive oil from the jar
For the bruschetta:
- 1 French baguette stick, cut into thick slices
- 300g buffalo mozzarella, cut into slices
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves
- Dried chilli flakes
- Sea salt & pepper
1. Turn the grill on. Line your baking tray with baking paper. Place baguette slices onto the trays, drizzle with olive oil and pop into the oven to brown a bit. Eye ball it as they burn quick.
2. To make the anchovy & sun dried tomato paste: In a food processor, process the paste ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
3. To assemble bruschetta: Spread a generous amount of paste onto each toasted baguette slice, top with a slice of buffalo mozzarella, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with fresh basil leaves, dried chilli flakes and a dusting of sea salt & pepper. Serve on a platter and eat immediately.
Storage: anchovy & tomato paste will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Like this recipe? Yum it on Yummly.
For another similar appetiser recipe, try my Garlic Chilli Prawns With Charred Lime.
Or my Oysters 6 Ways.
Anisa – The Macadames. xx