Healthy ANZAC biscuit muesli bars, perfect for that afternoon treat!
Recipe for Healthy Anzac Biscuit Muesli Bars by Anisa Sabet for The Macadames.
I love the world of instagram for many reasons, the main one being the wonderful souls I get the opportunity to connect with. Chikae, the brains behind The Hikarui Lifestyle, is someone I met after an especially lengthy scroll sesh, and I am so glad I did. Her blog, recently launched, is all about the art of lightweight living. Joy. Comfort. Good quality. Uncomplicated. It’s a tribute to her heritage, the natural world, historical architecture, modern interiors and storytelling. The website is an atlas of beautiful imagery and always leaves me feeling calm. I can’t wait to see how she develops this beautiful little space.
Together we are launching a series of recipes to suit busy people, lazy cooks or anyone wanting to whip up something pretty fuss-free. We have planned you everything from on-the-go snacks to simple weekday meals, I hope you enjoy this collaboration and i’d love to know what you think of the recipe. This muesli bar could not be easier to make, simply mix the ingredients in a bowl, press into a tin and bake. I drizzled mine with a bit of chocolate but this is completely optional. Feel free to add any seeds, nuts or extras you like, the more the better 🙂
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
Ingredients (makes 8):
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, processed into fine meal
- 2 & 1/2 cups steel cut oats (use gluten free)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup & 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup honey or rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: melted chocolate for drizzling
1. Preheat oven to 140°C. Prepare a shallow cake tin lined with baking paper.
2. Mix all ingredients (except chocolate) in a large bowl and press into the prepared cake tin. Pop into the oven to bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool before cutting into desired shape and drizzling with melted chocolate (if you so wish).
Storage: muesli bars will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Like this recipe? Yum it on Yummly.
For another similar recipe, try my my Spelt Apple & Berry Crumble Muffins.
Or my Healthy Granola Bars.
Anisa – The Macadames. xx