Seared bananas layered with whipped cream, strawberries, butterscotch sauce and biscuits. A wickedly simple share-style dessert!
Recipe for Banoffee Banana Split by Anisa Sabet for The Macadames.
I was inspired to make a share-style banana split by Cook Republic who posted one on her instagram. My version has a banoffee twist with seared bananas layered with whipped cream, strawberries, butterscotch sauce and biscuits. It’s a wickedly simple dessert to throw together, and then dig in with the family.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and i’d love to know what you think.
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- Nob of butter
- 4 bananas, sliced down the middle
- Whipped cream
- Punnet strawberries, halved or quartered
- Butterscotch sauce
- 5-6 Arnotts Granita biscuits
1. In a fry pan, melt a bit of butter and sear the bananas for 30 seconds on each side. Be careful not to overcook, you want them to hold their shape and not go mushy.
2. To assemble, layer the seared bananas with whipped cream, strawberries, butterscotch sauce and crumble over the Granita biscuits. Eat immediately.
Like this recipe? Yum it on Yummly.
For another similar recipe, try my Chocolate & Raspberry Jam Layer Cake with White Chocolate Buttercream and Toasted Coconut
Or my White Chocolate & Coconut Panna Cotta.
Anisa – The Macadames. xx