Fluffy vanilla bean waffles kissed with cinnamon and fresh nutmeg, topped with fresh berries and too much (does such a thing exist?) maple syrup!
Recipe for Vanilla Bean Buttermilk Waffles by Anisa Sabet for The Macadames.
Today’s recipe is in anticipation of the holiday indulging that awaits all of us this Christmas. This is a perfect recipe for both warmer and cooler weather, a perfect combination of warm waffles with cool fresh berries.
Tip: for making your waffles into the shape pictured here, use a square waffle maker and spoon mixture carefully into the moulds, ensuring not too much, so when settled, the batter doesn’t squish into the sides. This might take a few goes to get right, but is super easy once you get the hang of it.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and i’d love to know what you think.
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
Recipe adapted from here.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 185g plain flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch fresh nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon (3g) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2g) baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 & 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 40g butter, melted
- 2 egg whites, whisked
- Olive oil spray (or something similar)
- To serve: fresh berries & maple syrup
1. Put waffle iron on to heat. In a large bowl or stand mixer, toss together the dry ingredients. Add the buttermilk & butter and mix till combined. Fold through the whisked egg whites.
2. Spray waffle iron with olive oil spray (or something similar) and ladle batter into waffle iron and cook as per manufacturers instructions, or until browned. Set on a plate and cover with another plate. Repeat until the batter is finished.
3. Serve immediately with fresh berries and lots of maple syrup, of course.
Like this recipe? Yum it on Yummly.
For another similar recipe, try my Churros Waffles with Nutella Fudge.
Anisa – The Macadames. xx