Gin and maple infused earl grey iced tea served with lemon and mint, a refreshing cocktail that will become your new Summer favourite.
Recipe for Gin and Maple Earl Grey Iced Tea by Anisa Sabet for The Macadames.
Today’s recipe is one for Summer as we are heading into the hell months of Canberra. Last year it felt like it was 40 degrees for months on end. Although I am probably exaggerating, it’s an understatement to say that I don’t enjoy hot weather. Give me cosy clothes and warm fires any day. What about you?
I can’t see a winter escape on my horizon so I am in full swing of playing with light and refreshing summer recipes. All I feel l like doing in summer is lying down with a bucket of ice cream and the fan blowing directly on me. Just me?
Today’s recipe is for a really easy gin and maple earl grey iced tea. Earl grey is a lovely blend of black tea that goes really well in desserts and cocktails. Gin and earl grey are a perfect match as their delicate flavours compliment each other without being overpowering. The maple adds a nice caramely sweetness and the lemon adds a nice twist.
What’s your favourite summer tipple?
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
What you need:
- Large jug
- Cocktail tumblers or glasses
For the tea (makes 0.5L):
- 2 cups boiling water
- 6-8 teaspoons earl grey tea leaves
For the cocktail (makes 1):
- 1 part gin (60ml)
- 3 parts earl grey tea (90ml)
- 1/2 part maple syrup or to taste (30ml)
- Dash lemon juice
- Ice cubes or crushed ice
- Fresh mint leaves
1. To make the tea: In a jug, mix the boiling water and tea and allow to brew and steep for 10 minutes. Strain and allow to cool.
2. To make the cocktail: mix the gin, earl grey tea, maple syrup and lemon juice until combined. Fill your glasses with ice and pour over your mixed cocktail. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Storage: chilled tea will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Like this recipe? Yum it on Yummly.
For another similar recipe, try my grapefruit + thyme infused honey gin cocktail.