Fresh pomegranate juice mixed with gin, lemon juice, rosemary sugar syrup and topped with soda water. A sweet, tart and earthy Summer cocktail that will soon become your favourite.
Recipe for Pomegranate, Rosemary & Gin Fizz by Anisa Sabet for The Macadames.
It’s summer cocktail time and I couldn’t be happier! Balmy nights, spent outside (all be it running from mosquitos) and sipping on all manner of cool tipples. My favourite (obviously) is gin, and today is no exception, although vodka would also work well in this recipe. What’s your favourite summer cocktail combo? I still have time to make quite a few more so I am all ears! I’d love to photograph one of your favourites so do please leave me a comment, I also love tequila, a lot.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, and that right now, you are still relishing in the wonderful Christmas break you’ve hopefully had and getting excited about the new year ahead. I write my blog posts at least 2 months in advance (I like to be prepared) so let’s hope I am doing the same. This will be the last post of the 2016 year and I think it’s fitting its a fun and festive one, one you can enjoy before you go back to work (although who doesn’t have a good mid-week cocktail either, no judging). Happy New Year! And thank you from the bottom of my heart for following me and my journey. I hope 2016 was amazing for you and that 2017 (OMG!) is even better.
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
Recipe adapted from here.
What you need:
- Small saucepan
- Cocktail glasses
Ingredients (makes 2):
For the rosemary sugar syrup:
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Few sprigs of rosemary
For the fizz:
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup gin
- 3-4 tablespoons rosemary sugar syrup
- Dash lemon juice
- Soda water, to top
- To serve: fresh rosemary sprigs and pomegranate arils
1. To make the syrup: In the small saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a simmer. Then take off the heat, add the rosemary and allow to steep for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. To make the fizz: Divide ice cubes among your cocktail glasses. Pour in the pomegranate juice, gin, rosemary sugar syrup and lemon juice. Give a nice stir. Top with soda water and garnish with rosemary sprigs and pomegranate arils.
Like this recipe? Yum it on Yummly.
For another similar recipes, try my gin and maple earl grey iced tea.
Anisa – The Macadames. xx