Fluffy cinnamon kissed churros waffles with hot nutella fudge sauce. Do I need to say more?
Recipe for Churros Waffles with Nutella Fudge by Anisa Sabet for The Macadames.
There is absolutely nothing wholesome about this recipe. It’s something only a handful of you will ever make but I realllllly wanted to make churros, and my waffle maker has been used twice ever, so yeah, I made churros waffles and I am pretty happy with my decision. The Nutella fudge doesn’t really need a reason, because Nutella.
When making waffles, the batter will seem very thick but this helps the waffles to keep it’s shape & not spill all over the waffle maker. I made the mistake of adding too much liquid only to realise that this meant flat and misshapen waffles.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and i’d love to know what you think.
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
Recipe adapted from here.
For the cinnamon sugar:
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
For the Nutella fudge sauce:
- 150g milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup nutella
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/3 cup thickened cream
For the waffles:
- 2 eggs separated
- 3/4 cups milk
- 100g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 & 1/3 cup self raising flour
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 120°C. Mix the cinnamon sugar ingredients together, set aside.
2. To make the Nutella fudge sauce: Place chocolate, Nutella, brown sugar and cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until melted and smooth. Set aside to slightly cool.
3. To make the waffles: Whisk egg yolks, milk, butter and vanilla in a bowl. Add cinnamon, flour and caster sugar. Whisk until almost smooth and combined. Using a stand mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add 1/4 of the egg white to the batter, folding to combine. Add remaining egg white. Fold to combine. Set aside.
4. Make waffles as per waffle maker manufacturers instructions. Mine required 90 seconds per waffle. In between pop made waffles in the oven on a plate.
5. When you’ve finished with the batter, serve the churros with a dusting of cinnamon sugar, Nutella fudge sauce and some double cream (if you want).
Like this recipe? Yum it on Yummly.
For another brunch recipe, try my Creamy Mushroom & Black Truffle Baked Eggs.
Anisa – The Macadames. xx