A sweet plum galette that might just change your life.
Recipe for Plum Galette by Anisa Sabet for The Macadames.
Hey friend! Before I get to this bangin recipe, I was wondering if you’ve got your copy of my guide on “8 Ways To Make Your Photos More Moody”? If you haven’t, and you want to get your hands on it, please click here. As a Macadames community member, you’ll get access to loads of exclusive content written especially for YOU.
A galette that will change your life? A big call huh? At least I got your attention right?
Entertaining can be so stressful sometimes. Personally I feel so much pressure to make amazing food when friends come. And whilst I am a very confident cook, I, like anyone, can make monumental f*ck ups and serve people inedible food. Most people nod politely and suffer through it, but my husband always gives it away haha.
When entertaining I love to create themes around the menu and I always opt for recipes I can largely prep ahead & throw in the oven at the last minute.
This galette is great because you can prep the pastry, prep the plums, and come dessert time, you just need to roll out the pastry, assemble & bake (this part impresses guests for sure!). 30 minutes later you’re pulling out a fresh homemade dessert that everyone will love!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and i’d love to know what you think.
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
Recipe adapted from Donna Hay Magazine.
Ingredients (makes 1):
For the pastry:
- 225g plain flour
- 55g caster sugar
- 100g chilled butter
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup iced water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the galette:
- 800g plums, de stoned, quartered
- 55 caster sugar
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- To serve: vanilla bean ice cream
1. To make the pastry: in a food processor, pulse the flour, sugar and chilled butter until combined. Add the apple cider vinegar, iced water and vanilla and pulse until the dough comes together. Roll dough into a ball, flatten into a disc, cover with glad wrap and pop into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
2. To make the galette: Preheat oven to 200°C. In a bowl, mix together the plums and caster sugar.
3. Punch dough out and roll into a round approx 30cm wide. Pour over almond meal, leaving a 5cm border around the sides. Top the almond meal with plums and scrunch excess pastry to form a galette shape. Brush with egg wash, sprinkle with raw sugar and pop galette into the oven to bake for 30-40 minutes until golden.
4. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Storage: galette will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Like this recipe? Yum it on Yummly.
For another similar recipe, try my Rhubarb, Strawberry and Lavender Galettes.
Anisa – The Macadames. xx