Noir hot chocolate made boozy, because, why not?
Recipe for Boozy Spiced Noir Hot Chocolate by Anisa Sabet for The Macadames.
Hey friend! Before I get to this bangin recipe, I was wondering if you’ve got your copy of my guide on “8 Ways To Make Your Photos More Moody”? If you haven’t, and you want to get your hands on it, please click here. As a Macadames community member, you’ll get access to loads of exclusive content written especially for YOU.
A predictably lush recipe perfect for the cooling weather. This recipe is made using my FAVOURITE hot chocolate brand, Grounded Pleasures. They have a wide range of flavours ranging from Sicilian Orange, French Mint, Cinnamon Spice, Vanilla Bean + more. Amazing riiiiiiight?
For this recipe, I used one of my favourites, their Noir (dark chocolate) flavour + jazzed it up with a bit of spice, vanilla and a shot of rum (if you feel that way inclined – I highly suggest it).
The chocolate rim is completely optional (although I might warn you, it’s a rather messy exercise, but it sure does look pretty!).
I hope you enjoy this recipe and i’d love to know what you think.
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
Ingredients (makes 2):
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 2-4 tablespoons Noir drinking chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Few shaves fresh nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 shot rum (bourbon or whiskey would work too)
- To serve: whipped cream, shaved chocolate
1. Heat milk of choice in a small saucepan on a low heat. Add drinking chocolate and spices whisk vigorously until the chocolate dissolves and has reached the desired temperature. Stir through the vanilla and rum.
2. Pour into a mug, top with whipped cream and a few shaves of chocolate.
Like this recipe? Yum it on Yummly.
For another similar recipe, try my Mocha Hot Chocolate With Nutmeg.
Anisa – The Macadames. xx