Your absolutely favourite burger made simple at home. Spicy Portuguese chicken, gooey American cheese, cos lettuce, charred corn on a toasted charcoal brioche bun.
Recipe for Nandos Portuguese Chicken Burger by Anisa Sabet for The Macadames.
Hey friend! Before I get to this bangin recipe, I was wondering if you’ve got your copy of my guide on “8 Ways To Make Your Photos More Moody”? If you haven’t, and you want to get your hands on it, please click here. As a Macadames community member, you’ll get access to loads of exclusive content written especially for YOU.
Are there any carnivores in the world (Australia?) that don’t love Nando’s? It’s one of my favourite take out’s, hands down. If you’re not anywhere that has this chain, it’s basically a Portuguese rotisserie specialising in chicken, and it’s heaven.
For mostly my Australian readers, would you like to know how to make a Nando’s burger at home?
If you’re a Macadames reader, obv you would….
There is one key ingredient to making these and it’s…. Nando’s seasoning. Hahaha you thought it would be more complicated than that? NOPE! You an pick it up at Coles or Woolworths (Australia) and there’s a range of mild, medium and hot for you to choose your own adventure. I’ve tried re-creating these spices at home and can never get them as good, so why mess with it?
Boneless thighs are the best to use for the chicken, and definitely try to get your hands on that really artificial American cheese, it really makes the burger.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and i’d love to know what you think.
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
Ingredients (makes 4):
For the chicken:
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 50g butter
- 1 sachet Nando’s seasoning
- 4 slices American cheese
For the corn:
- 2 cobs corn
- Nob butter
- Sea salt & butter
For the burgers:
- 4 charcoal brioche buns
- Cos lettuce leaves
- Jalapeño sauce (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 220°C.
2. To make the chicken: Rub the chicken thighs with butter and seasoning. Sear in a hot frypan on each side until sealed. Pop into the oven to bake for 30 minutes until cooked through. 5 minutes before pulling out, top each thigh with a slice of cheese.
3. To make the corn: While the chicken is cooking, cook corn in a pot of boiling water for 2 minutes. Then use tongs and hold over the stove and char on each side. If you don’t have a gas stove, just fry the cobs until slightly blackened. Cut ears of corn off & season with a generous amount of butter, sea salt & pepper.
4. To make the burgers: when the chicken is done, toast the brioche buns slightly then lather with butter, and a single spread of mayonnaise. Place chicken thighs on the bread, top with cos, charred corn and a decent drizzle of jalapeño sauce. Top the bun with other side of the bun, and eat immediately.
Like this recipe? Yum it on Yummly.
For another similar recipe, try my Lamb Rack In Caramelised Shaoxing Sauce.
Or my Lamb Sliders With Beetroot Relish, Labneh Tzatziki On Brioche Buns.
Anisa – The Macadames. xx